BigLever offers the following Bridge solution for Sparx Systems tools:
Enterprise Architect/Gears Bridge™: Enables engineering organizations to use Enterprise Architect MDD models as shared PLE assets within their Gears production lines, and Gears PLE constructs as first-class systems and software engineering mechanisms for managing product line diversity in Enterprise Architect MDD models.
|Data Sheet: BigLever Integration Solutions for Sparx Systems|
|Press Release: BigLever Partners with Sparx Systems|
More specifically, the Bridge allows users to:
- Use PLE mechanisms to manage the diversity for an entire product line portfolio in a single, consolidated MDD model, as a highly scalable alternative to cloned copies or one-size-fits-all UML and SysML models.
- Automatically configure Enterprise Architect models for different products by making feature choices in a Gears feature profile.
- Convert Enterprise Architect model elements into Gears variation points to encapsulate the PLE diversity for that model element, without extending or complicating UML and SysML models.
- Use one or more Enterprise Architect models – either packages or projects – in a larger collection of shared assets across the full engineering lifecycle for a product line portfolio.
- Perform integrated PLE operations – such as product configuration, variation point editing and variation impact analysis – directly from Enterprise Architect menus.